This website provides resources, links, articles, and other information for grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other relatives who are raising children when the parents can’t.
Help may be available
- Some public benefits, such as cash assistance (TANF) or free/low cost medical care (CHIP), do not require custody or guardianship. Some dependent child may be able to get benefits! For more information, call 2-1-1.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be available when a grandparent receives Social Security and has income and resources that meet specific guidelines.
Click to this link for information http://www.ssa.gov/ssi/ or
Call your local Social Security Office at (800) 772-1213.
- For our monthly electronic newsletter, email a request to us at email@example.com.
Interesting statistics – Did you know?
According to the United States Census data of 2010:
- 257,074 – grandparents report they are responsible for their grandchildren living with them.
- 21% live in poverty.
In the United States
- 7 million grandparents in the United States are living with grandchildren.
- 2.7 million are grandparents raising grandchildren under age 18.
If you know about support groups, education programs, and other events, email this information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org